Thursday, August 23, 2012

I'm Doing a Conference!

Okay folks.  If you like writing, reading, or authors, here's the place to be.  I'm going to be at the Hampton Roads Writer's Conference on Thursday, September 20th through Sunday, September 23rd in Virginia Beach, Virginia.

Here's the link.  Hampton Roads 4th Annual Writer's Conference.


It will be fun, fun, fun.  Not only are there lots of writers there but there are lots of agents, and poets, and some other stuff.  The beach is nearby.  How can you go wrong with that?

I myself, personally am doing: How to E-Publish Your Work and Make Money.  I can totally do this one.  I have learned so much about this topic in the last couple of years I'm practically a PH.D. in it.

Then I'm doing: Maintaining and Sustaining Authentic and Appropriate Voice, which is a lot about characterization and there will be a writing exercise involved.

I'm also doing: What to Expect When You're Expecting (A Book) with Alma Katsu, author of The Taker, and is an American Library Association-Booklist Top Ten Debut Novel of 2011.

Then I'm on a Women Writer's Panel, which is loads of fun.

Rick Mofina will be about and he's written a ton of wonderful suspense thrillers such as The Burning Edge and the Reed-Sydowski series.

There will also be Patricia Hermes, who  is an author who has written over 50 YA novels.  She also has awards up the hooha and is the author of You Shouldn't Have to Say Goodbye and several historical YA novels such as Salem Witch, The Starving Time, and The Wild Year.

So if you can make it, you should.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OMG I would love to go but I have classes and thi is a busy semester for me because I'm graduating next semester so I won't be able to make it even if I really want to go and I really want to know all about that with me writing a book and all. But I wish you good luck!

Now available: Bubba and the Late Lamented Lassie What could possibly go wrong? Bubba Snoddy is a good ol’ boy with a wonderful family.  H...