Friday, December 14, 2012

I Have Been Inspired OR Here She Goes Again

Recently I went to the store to purchase cat food for my daughter's moron cat.  (Some people have stated that I am being mean to the cat.  Don't worry about it.  I don't think he can read.  And I'm pretty sure that no one will read the blog to him.)  Whilst I was processing whether or not I should purchase Fancy Feast or Cat YumYums (Can you believe they don't have sardine flavored cat food?) I looked over at the dog food section and saw this.

Yes, this is Old Yeller dog food made by Disney.  (Who knew Disney made dog food?  Not me.)  It says it on top of Old Yeller.  Now I will warn people who may have not seen the movie, Old Yeller, and who have a great need to see it.  This is a spoiler alert.  I will tell those of you who continue to read this blog what happens in the movie.
SPOILER!  SPOILER!  SPOILER!
Just so you were warned and you still have the urge to rush out and get a Disney fix.

Okay, what is wrong with this dog food?  A.) It is yellow.  B) It is dog food made by Disney.  C) It is dog food named after a movie in which the lead character, a dog named Old Yeller, who might have been old and yeller, I don't remember because it's been so long since I've seen the movie, who contracts rabies and the kid owner of the beloved Old Yeller AKA Old Foamy, Bitey Mouth has to shoot the dog.  (Yes, Virginia, Disney killed off a protagonist, but it was a long time ago in a film made in the fifties with Davy Crockett.)

Hmm.  Yes, that's exactly the kind of image that inspires me to buy dog food.  (This is sarcasm.  Smell it.  It has that finely tuned, snarkish aroma.)

Therefore, inspired by this foot-forward or foot-in-mouth type of logic for advertising, I, with a little help from HIM, came up with some other lesser known name brand ploys that you might not have heard of and probably will never hear of again.

I'm warning you ahead of time, some of these may be...shall we say, inappropriate.  (That would be the point.)
And I'm starting with the big boom.
Of course, as I've said, HIM had to get into it.
You know, I couldn't find a photo of this whackjob smiling.
And because I'm so wrongity wrong, I went on.
Sorry about the serial killer theme, but it kind of lent itself to it.
Please don't sue me, VW.  It's a parody!
Oh goodness, I'm so not finished.
Also suggested by HIM, who luvs this movie.
I refuse to watch it again because, well,
everyone frickin' dies except stupid Private Ryan.
Of course, I'm compelled to throw in something from my favorite movie of all time.  (I don't know how the movie studios missed out on this advertising extravaganza!)
You know, this movie is really a bromance.
Richard Drefus and Roy Schieder should have run off together
in the end.  (They kind of did.)
There was certainly a few items to choose from in the following movie.
I love the smell of sarcasm in the morning.
Finally, a last suggestion from HIM, who will probably go to hell for it.  (Or he should, right after me.)








1 comment:

Lauran Strait said...

I love how you're so wrongity wrong, bacause it makes me laughity laugh! Your blog is so witty and something I always look forward to reading.

Thanks for the chuckle today. I needed it.

Now available: Bubba and the Late Lamented Lassie What could possibly go wrong? Bubba Snoddy is a good ol’ boy with a wonderful family.  H...