Starving Kids in China. Really, it is funny. I swear.) I don't think I've ever said that to my daughter. But I have said, "There are poor people with poor kids who don't even have one stuffed animal, much less bags and bags of plushes you don't even play with." (Yesterday we were looking for Christmas lights and I found a box with bags of stuffed animals in it. I'm not even going to look in the bags. They're going straight to Goodwill. In fact, I'm going to stop writing this and go put them in the Explorer.)
It makes me think of things Mom said:
1. Always wear clean underwear in case you're in an accident. (I would think that would be a moot point if I was in an accident because I'm pretty sure that the clean underwear would no longer be clean.)
2. Did you flush? (I have to say this at least twice a day. That's irony. Then I forget to flush and don't let Cressy find that out.)
3. If it were a snake it would have bitten you. (I wish it was a snake just for a change.)
4. When I was your age... (I have said this five times in the last week. After the second time I said I started keeping track.)
5. Bored? I was never bored at your age. (Because back in the old days there was only one TV channel, an old cardboard box, and sticks to play with. I have to threaten Cressy with making her clean something or making her eat broccoli, which is going to backfire on me one day soon.)
Anyway, back in the old days...