Sunday, November 10, 2013

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday OR How It Doesn't Feel Like Sunday

I'm beginning to feel like weekends are my other job.  First, painting the den.  It needs two coats and a lot of cutting in.  People and animals just watch me because the den is the most used room in the house.  I can't do it all at once because it would kill my carpel tunnel, so it's maybe an hour a day.  Today, HIM, the man to whom I'm married, changed the light toggle switches.  It turns out that not all the switches in that room are connected to the same circuit breaker.  (Learned this the hard way and now I'm afraid to touch the switches without rubber gloves.)  (NEVER too old to learn new stuff.)
And because getting shocked is so much fun, I had to find a YouTube video, too.
It's so much better when it happens and you have a British accent.

So then I have to do the laundry.  Doing laundry sucks.

Then there's the leaf blowing.  It turns out that when you buy a house with a lot of trees, because it's got a lot of trees, because it's pretty, that a lot of trees give up a lot of leaves.  A HELLUVA LOT OF LEAVES!
I would totally rake leaves in a storm trooper outfit if I could find a storm trooper outfit that fit big girls.
I couldn't find a picture of a fat storm trooper.  But I did find Fat Batman, so it's almost as good.

What was I talking about?  Okay, electrocuted by a wall switch and raking leaves until I almost puked.
This is what you're really supposed to do with leaves in a pile.  (We've been blowing most of ours out into the woods out back.  It's really green if you think about it.  We're helping to make dirt.  Feeding the worms.  The worms feed the birds.  The birds do some other stuff, like poop seeds out which make trees and bushes.  The trees and bushes make oxygen.  We breath the oxygen.  See.  Totally green.  Fie upon the neighbors who put their stinking leaves into bags.)

Then there's blog writing.  Usually this is a lot of fun but when I'm out of ideas, I kind of hate it.  I look like this.

Yes, exactly like this.  Especially when someone disturbs me, which happens a lot in a house with everyone home.
Then there's this...
And let us not forget this...
Okay, I'm done.




1 comment:

Sara S said...

I'm lovin' the shades, Cressie!

I don't have a lot of leafy-type trees, but I do have a lot of HUGE OLD pine trees. They shed piles and piles of needles. Piles of needles are not nearly as fun to jump in as piles of leaves are. Just so ya know.

There, my good deed for the day has been done.

Now available: Bubba and the Late Lamented Lassie What could possibly go wrong? Bubba Snoddy is a good ol’ boy with a wonderful family.  H...